So, I just had to get my frustrated venting session off of my most recent posts...things really are great and I really didn't mean to complain! I think I just use this as a journal/venting place probably more than I should! :)
So anyway...hope everyone had a great 4th! We had a wonderful day, filled with amazing friends, fun all day long and WAY too much food! Let me just say that it is a VERY good thing I still have two more days of working out before our trip!!!
So anyway...hope everyone had a great 4th! We had a wonderful day, filled with amazing friends, fun all day long and WAY too much food! Let me just say that it is a VERY good thing I still have two more days of working out before our trip!!!
Here are a few pics from yesterday...
We spent the afternoon swimming with friends...Garrett had his lovely floaties on for the picture, but he's almost rid of them! Thank goodness, since in my opinion (and his), he has completely grown past the Elmo phase...but I refuse to buy any more floaties...since he's almost swimming on his own and hopefully won't need them at all soon!

Ethan is loving the water these days...he's either so excited and playing like mad, or he's so relaxed that he's falling asleep - no matter what position he's in! I'll have to get a pic of that next time we go...it is so funny!
Here's Ethan as soon as the fireworks started...hmmm, maybe I should have explained the loud noises to him a bit BEFORE all the loud booms and bangs started! He did like it...he just preferred to be held firmly in my arms instead of lounging in his own chair!
Hmmm...that's funny! Garrett also vetoed his own chair idea too and preferred to watch safely tucked away behind Daddy!
Hmmm...that's funny! Garrett also vetoed his own chair idea too and preferred to watch safely tucked away behind Daddy!
We ended the night at the end of our driveway lighting off little fireworks with our neighbors...shhh, don't tell the homeowners association!!!

Garrett, while enjoying the sights...absolutely refuses to take part in anything besides the little pop/snappers. You know...the little things that you throw down on the ground and they snap??? Yep, he looks forward to those all year long! He would have been 100% happy if Steve would have brought home a bag full of those and left the sparklers for someone else to enjoy! But I guess I was the same way as a kid...so I guess my boys do take after me in some small way!

I'm including this one only to offer proof that I was involved in the festivities!


3 comments:
You guys are so cute!! All of you!! I CAN'T wait to see you in a few days!! Btw, happy anniversary!
What a fun weekend! I loved the shot of Ethan as the fireworks began. . . priceless!
I agree with Jen, he looks comepetely SHOCKED!
Post a Comment