Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Turning Back the Clock

Ethan came downstairs this morning and seemed a little out of sorts.  We asked him if he could go up and get dressed for school and this is the conversation that ensued.


Steve - E, go get dressed for school and then you can eat breakfast.

Ethan - (voice a little wobbly) But I already went to school.

Steve - What?  You haven't gone to school.  You just woke up!

Ethan - (now with a tremor in his voice)  But I did already go to school, Dad!

Steve - What?!?!?!

Ethan - (chin totally quivering now!!!)  I did, Dad!!!  I did go to school.  Then I went to bed.  Then I woke up.  And then the clock just started going backwards!!!!  I'VE ALREADY BEEN THROUG THIS WHOLE DAY!!!!

Steve - Oh, like Groundhog Day?

Ethan - (now crying in confusion and frustration, climbs on my lap and whimpers) I already DID today!!!!


Poor kid!  Apparently we've been watching too many Christmas specials with Huey, Duey & Louie getting stuck on Christmas Day...or other cheesy Christmas movies!!!   My poor kiddo was beside himself with confusion!!!  It did make for a pretty funny conversation though!  He was convinced that he had seen the clock turn backwards!!!

Funny, how I kept thinking how NICE it would be to have an extra day to get a few things done!!!  Maybe that should be my Christmas wish!!!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Such wonderful writing! You sure capture the feelings. Almost we could be there. Growing up children with looks like their parents! We love you!