Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How do you say it?

Today Olivia and I were driving to the library.  She was telling me all about the books she was going to be getting!  I for one was just happy she was talking about getting something other than those silly little fairy chapter books that she is convinced that she can read!  She grabs those chapter books by the stacks - usually only the pink and purple covered ones...unless it's a fairy who has cute hair...and then she'll 'read' that one too!  She's such a girl! But, she'll get a bunch of those and will sit for a good 20 minutes reading to herself, flipping through pages and telling some random story line!  So funny!

But today she was convinced that she could remember right where she had found the Waldo books on our last trip to the library.  She was planning on grabbing a couple this time - though I totally suspect that was so she wouldn't have to share with Ethan!  But she couldn't quite remember what they were called...although she was pretty confident in her substitution for a few minutes.

O - Mom...I can't wait to get the Loser Waldo book.

Me - Uh, what book?

O -  (slightly exasperated at my not hearing) Loser Waldo...you know!!!

Me - (now laughing really hard!)  Loser Waldo????

O - Uh yeah??!?!?  Wait...that's not what it's called, is it?

Me - Nope.  It's "Where's Waldo".  

O - Oh yeah...WHERE'S Waldo!  That's what I meant!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Way to record the cute things your kids say! You're an inspiration to me. ;)