Sunday, January 29, 2012

Reminiscing

So, I am all alone tonight and watching Disney's "Pete's Dragon", which KBYU was kind enough to air for my viewing pleasure!  I haven't seen this show since I was probably 10 years old when it was absolutely my  favorite show in the entire world.  :)  I'm laughing at myself at how giddy I've been knowing that my lovely DVR was gearing up for this recording...all day long, I have been counting down the hours!  I told myself I'd just turn it on to have in the background while I cleaned the kitchen...for no reason other than to see if my kiddos would like it...but now I'm a half-hour into it and can't stop!  Kinda silly (or borderline pathetic???)...but I have never been happier, reliving the good ol' days!  

On a similar note...I showed my kids the old version of "Absent Minded Professor" last weekend and they adored it!  They laughed soooo hard at all the funny scenes and about fell out of their chairs at the bouncing basketball players jumping through the rafters.  They loved it!   "Swiss Family Robinson" is also a huge favorite!!!

So give these old classics a shot, if you're ever looking for a fun movie to watch together.  :)  And hope and pray that your kiddos are as easily entertained as mine!  

3 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

That's a great suggestion. Our kids saw Home Alone for the first time this Christmas and Austin was rolling on the floor laughing. It's amazing how easy it is to forget the classics.

a. borealis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a. borealis said...

We just watched Pete's Dragon last fall . . . Mickey Rooney was such a riot, wasn't he?! He was my favorite part this time 'round. :)