Thursday, December 22, 2011

We all SCREAM for ice cream!

The other morning, while taking a shower, I hear someone on the other side of my door banging and yelling.  Not the most uncommon occurrence in our household since everyone seems to think that Mom needs absolutely no privacy what-so-ever and that whatever they may be doing or thinking ranks WAY higher on the importance scale than anything Mom may be doing...but I digress.  :)  So here I am rushing through rinsing my hair and hurrying out of the shower, just in case this time it's something important.  As I shut off the water, I can finally hear who and what is the culprit this time.  Olivia is on the other side of the door...banging/knocking somewhat impatiently...waiting for her turn.  When I ask what she wants, this is the response that sweet girl gives me, "Uh Mom?  Tan (can) I have ice cream?"  WHAT?  It's 7:30 in the morning and she already wants ice cream?  Although in actuality, it's no surprise...this girl is all ME...and this just proved it once again!  :)  But still, the answer is no, which I told her.  But, when I opened the door, she was still sitting there in front of it, hugging a box of ice cream cones from the pantry.  "Pweez, Mommy?"  Still no...but at least she got a hug and tickle on the way back to the pantry to put the  cones away. 


This was not that morning...but she did get an ice cream cone eventually!  :)  Persistent little thing!  

No comments: