Thursday, February 18, 2010

distracted me...

Tonight I walked past the boys room after they were all tucked in and 'supposedly' already sound asleep...at least that is what one would think since it had been quiet in their room for a good 45 minutes or so!  I notice though that Ethan's lamp is still on.  Oh well, at least Garrett, the one who has to get up for school, is asleep.  Again...so I thought.  E sees me, shuts off his light and throws his books off his bed and lays down...all before I even make it into the room.  As I walk towards the bed...this is what I hear from the top bunk....

Garrett - Ughhh....Mom!  Ethan turned on his light and it distracted me!!!

Me - Distracted you?

Garrett - YEA...it totally distracted me!

Me - I'm so sorry......WAIT!  Were you reading?

Garrett - (silent for a few seconds and then dejectedly admits to it)  Yes.

Me - (laughing to myself)  So E distracted you and it forced you to read your book?

Garrett - (totally perking up and thinking I bought his logic)  Yeah!  It's totally his fault!

Me - (now laughing out loud!) Garrett.  Book on the shelf.  No more reading!!!  Not even if the light is turned back on.  No more!

The funniest thing about all this is...I never even would have known he was awake if he hadn't started blaming his brother!  

And then, as I pick up all the books that E had thrown off the edge of his bed as I'm walking out of the room...Ethan adds "Mom.  Don't lose my page.  Don't lose my spot!"  Uh yeah, me picking up the books off the floor is what is going to make him lose his spot!  And for heavens sake...it's a board book.  Is it really that hard to find your spot in a 7 page board book?  

Ahhhh....how I love bedtime!  

1 comment:

Butler Fam said...

I think your kids are twins of mine. This could TOTALLY have happened at my house.