Wednesday, December 9, 2009

twilight zone


I love my children...completely. That being said...motherhood is hard! Hard, but wonderful, hilarious, silly, amazing and so much fun...and hard - did I mention that?!?!

But, there are moments when I catch a glimpse of heaven. When all the stars align and everything runs smoothly for a moment or two! I LOVE those times!

Like Monday, I was trying extra hard to be the mother that a certain 2 year old deserves. Not to name names...but this two year old is a complete contradiction! He is sweet and thoughtful...and stubborn as all get-out! Needless to say, there are times that require some extra patience...and most of those times have been all wrapped up into the past few weeks! Got to love the age...mixed in with the lack of sleep for mommy!!! AAAHHHHH! :)


Anyways...that day something clicked in the precious child and we had the most sublime evening imaginable! Phrases such as "Mom, can I set the table for you?", "Please", "Thank You so much!", "Mom, can I help you?" or even "Mom, can you please change my diaper" That is usually a HUGE struggle but for some reason, after he asked so nicely, he proceeded to get the diaper and wipes out and lay down...ready and waiting for me. :) The boys played together amazingly well, upstairs I might add! Olivia was content....and sleepy - a nice long nap during dinner making time!

Not to make my children sound like little monsters...they really are pretty well-behaved for the most part.  All these phrases aren't too out of the ordinary...but the politeness that night was refreshing!  Seriously, all was well in our little corner of Texas!

And I have to admit...it even has trickled down to today. As I got Ethan dressed this morning (in an outfit that he flat-out refused to wear two days ago (and actually cried for 1/2 hour about) he actually said "Mom, tan you pweeze div me a job" (can you please give me a job?)  Of course, dear child, you may do your chores!  :)

All I can say is...Christmas Miracle!  :)

3 comments:

Sheralie said...

Yes, I think giving children extra/individual attention reaps rewards for days . . . it is magical. Great point at a busy time of year!

Juliann said...

I LOVE that you translate Ethans words. The funny part is, I don't need the translation. I speak toddler too.

La Belle Belge said...

These sweet moments make it all worth it (along with when they are asleep and look like perfect angels ;-). I can't imagine life with three kidlies yet I better be prepared because it's coming soon... You are such a great mother and gal. Your children are very blessed to have you.